Last Updated October 30th, 2019
PGED Corp. DBA PotGuide accepts advertising from third parties (“Advertisers”) on PotGuide.com and ColoradoPotGuide.com. Forms of advertising and sponsored content may include third party assets (referred to collectively as “Advertising”, “Advertisements” or “Sponsored Content”) such as: banners, targeted advertisement zones, and featured content placement/inclusion. As defined in this policy, “Advertisements,” “Sponsored Content” and “Advertising” include third party links, banners, organic inclusions or native advertisements, partnered content, custom-created brand content, product reviews, and preferential placement in directories and listing services. All Advertisers on PotGuide or ColoradoPotGuide are responsible for the veracity and authenticity of their Advertisements.
This Advertising and Sponsored Content Policy defines the guidelines that govern all issues surrounding Advertising on PotGuide and ColoradoPotGuide sites, such as publishing and un-publishing Advertisements on the sites. PotGuide maintains complete discretion in the determination and enforcement of this Advertising and Sponsored Content Policy and reserves the right to change or alter this policy at any time. If revisions are made to the Advertising and Sponsored Content Policy, changes will be posted to the PotGuide and ColoradoPotGuide sites appropriately.
- PotGuide has complete control over what types of Advertisements will be approved and published on the PotGuide and ColoradoPotGuide sites. At no point in time should an Advertisement’s approved status on either PotGuide or ColoradoPotGuide sites be considered commendation, validation, or endorsement for any advertised product(s), service(s) and/or company.
- PotGuide utilizes an organic approach to Sponsored Content in relation to editorial work. Often referred to as “native advertising,” this approach to editorial content may make it difficult to distinguish between Advertisements and PotGuide’s own editorial endeavors. Because of this, all editorial content on PotGuide and ColoradoPotGuide sites should be assumed to potentially contain Advertisements.
- PotGuide exacts due diligence on all Advertisers and Advertising on PotGuide and ColoradoPotGuide sites to ensure that all Advertisements are accurate and ethical in nature. PotGuide will never knowingly publish Advertisements that the company believes are fraudulent or reflect poorly on the values set forth by the cannabis industry.
- PotGuide reserves the right to identify Advertisement categories that are not suitable for publish on either PotGuide or ColoradoPotGuide sites at any time. These restricted Advertising categories will never be knowingly published on the PotGuide or ColoradoPotGuide sites under any circumstance. Prohibited Advertising categories include, but are not limited to:
- Offensive, objectionable, deceitful, or untrustworthy content (PotGuide maintains sole discretion in determining what qualifies for offensive, objectionable, deceitful, or untrustworthy content)
- Content that misrepresents, marginalizes, or discriminates against any individual or group based on age, race, religion, nationality, gender, disability, sexual orientation; or any other discriminatory content/contextualization that PotGuide deems inappropriate
- Unsubstantiated health claims or other exaggerated medical statements
- Advertisements that appeal to minors or individuals under the age of 21
- Explicit pornographic images or references
- Emergency simulations or the depiction of law enforcement policies
- Advertisements promoting services or products from competing business entities
- Weapons, firearms, explosives, or ammunition
- The depiction or contextualization of gambling
- Advertisements that deceive users to believing displayed content is a computer function, prompting them to click without reasonable doubt
- Advertisements that flash, strobe, or emit light in a way that might be offensive or dangerous to an individual’s health
- PotGuide maintains the right to publish, un-publish, cancel, reject, or remove any Advertising from the PotGuide or ColoradoPotGuide sites at any given time, with or without notice.
- PotGuide utilizes “Header Bidding” functionality for several Advertising zones on the PotGuide and ColoradoPotGuide sites. This allows Advertisers to bid in real-time for placement of their Advertisements. Because of this, PotGuide is not in control of Advertising inventory set forth by Advertisers for these sections of the sites. PotGuide appropriately vets all Header Bidding Advertisers before publish and will never knowingly publish content in Header Bidding zones that falls under PotGuide’s prohibited Advertising categories.
- Clicking on an Advertisement may only link the user to Sponsored Content on either PotGuide or ColoradoPotGuide websites, or to the Advertiser’s respective website.
- PotGuide has the sole right to determine how Advertisements are displayed on the PotGuide and ColoradoPotGuide sites. Advertisements, Advertising, and Sponsored Content may appear in search results because of keywords, topics, and meta data used by PotGuide.
- PotGuide cannot guarantee or assure that Advertising will function properly or without error across differing websites, mobile phones, or other platforms that are capable of displaying digital media.
- Advertisers are solely responsible for complying with all laws and regulations (both foreign and domestic) that are applicable to their company’s Advertising on the PotGuide and ColoradoPotGuide sites. Advertisers must include all legally required documentation, information, disclosures and statements in their Advertising (this includes all current FDA regulations for Direct to Consumer advertising). If PotGuide becomes aware of any Advertising that violates any legal applications or regulations, PotGuide may cancel the Advertising agreement between the Advertiser and PotGuide with or without notice and remove any Advertisements that are in violation from the PotGuide and ColoradoPotGuide sites.