Monday April 15, 2019
4/20 week is here and the “high holiday” is upon us which means it’s time to party! This April 20th, take some time out of your day to celebrate cannabis with music at some of the nation’s best 420-friendly concerts and music festivals in 2019. For all of our music and concert lovers out there, we’ve compiled a list of some of the top 4/20 concerts. So, grab some tickets and get down to some live music – just be sure to know the rules surrounding cannabis consumption before lighting up at the venue!
4/20 Concerts in Colorado
When it comes to 420 friendly events and festivals, Colorado has it down. Though there are countless 420 events to in Colorado to choose from, we narrowed it down to a few of our favorites.
- 311 x Method Man and Redman: Okay, this one isn’t technically on 420 (it’s actually on Friday, April 19 at 6:30 pm) but is totally worthy of the 420 party. Not only is the music perfect for smoking to, but the venue, Red Rocks, is absolutely amazing! The music, the glow of the scenery, the hike up the giant flight of steps when you’re already a few beers deep – that is a true memory worth making.
- Stick Figure: This Red Rocks show on 4/20 features reggae-dub group Stick Figure as the headlining act and other artists like The Movement, Iya Terra and Steel Pulse in support. While this concert is currently sold out, if you can find yourself a ticket before the big day it’s sure to be worth the while!
- The Puff Ball: Be among the first to support Dean Ween’s new 420-friendly venue, the Honeypot Lounge. The party happens at Summit Denver on April 20th from 6:00 pm to midnight and features the Dean Ween Group, The Color Red All-Stars featuring Eddie Roberts, Jeremy Salken, and Gabe Mervine.
- Ganja White Night and Buds: What better way to celebrate 4/20 than with an awesome mix of dubstep and hip-hop? The two-piece band, Ganja White Night will be performing with Caspa, Subtronics, SubDocta, and more at the 1st Bank event center on April 20th with the doors opening at 6:00 pm.
For a complete list of 4/20 concerts happening in Colorado, click here.
Washington 4/20 Festivals
As another long-time recreational state, Washington hosts a number of 420 friendly concerts and events. This year, we’re especially excited about these shows:
- 420 Camp and Smoke Out: No need to cut the party short! This two-day event features camping and live music by Elemental, Royce Castro, and DJ Hookshot. The fun starts at 11:30 am on Saturday, April 20th and ends the next day at 11:00 am.
- 420 Party with Hashtag Cannabis: This one is fun because it includes a costume contest! Dance along to live DJs while dressed as your favorite cannabis strain for your chance to win awesome prizes (everyone who shows up in costume wins something!).
4/20 Oregon Concerts
April is a beautiful time to visit (or live in) Oregon and 4/20 makes it even better! If you’ll be in Oregon on 4/20, you should definitely check out one of these shows.
- Woodstock 50th Anniversary: Two of the biggest names to play the original Woodstock festival were Jimmy Hendrix and Janis Joplin. Though both talented artists are unfortunately deceased, their legend lives on and this 4/20, their stage presence will be honored with performances by Randy Hansen (Hendrix tribute) and Janis Lives, a Joplin tribute band.
- The Expendables: Creating the perfect blend of reggae and punk rock, the Expendables make excellent music to move and groove to. This Saturday, they’ll be playing at the Domino Room in Bend, OR beginning at 7:00 pm.
California Concerts this 4/20
There’s a lot of ground to cover in the Golden State but we’ve narrowed it down to three must-see concerts in California this 4/20.
- Ghosts of the Forest ft. Trey Anastasio: The Greek Theatre (one night in LA one night in UC Berkely) is hosting Phish side project Ghosts of the Forest on both the 19th and the 20th. With Phish's large following and huge impact on cannabis culture, you can bet these shows will pack the house so get tickets now!
- Kushstock: We’ve got this one listed under California festivals but it’s happening in Michigan, too. It’s way more than a music festival, though, and includes glass blowing, live art demonstrations, a “skater’s paradise”, and wrestling (plus free water because screw cotton mouth). It starts at noon on the 20th in Adelanto, CA (or Cilo, MI) so don’t forget your sunblock!
Concerts in Massachusetts on 4/20
- Toasted Jam: This tasty event features live music by Mountain Pound, Total Collision, and more plus art, food, and vendors at the Great Barrington Fairgrounds starting at noon on April 20th.
Nevada 4/20 Shows
If there’s any state that knows how to party, it’s Nevada. Though there are certain dress codes you’ll likely have to adhere to, the memories you’ll make in Vegas are so worth it. Here’s just one place you can spend 4/20 in Las Vegas, NV.
- Slightly Stoopid: 420 at The Joint: Slightly Stoopid throws a party every 420 and each year it gets better. This year, they’ll be playing at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Vegas beginning at 8:00 pm. Pay attention to the dress code, though. You don’t want to turn around or have to dump your stuff.
There are so many things to do this 4/20, especially now that cannabis is legal in some form in 34 states. If you’re looking for the perfect activity for marijuana’s biggest holiday, use this list or check the “events” tab for your favorite state on our website. We also have a comprehensive 4/20 events guide that covers cannabis events from around the country. No matter what you choose to do, we hope you have a safe, fun, and cannabis-filled 4/20!
Help us add to our list! What 4/20 activities will you be indulging in this year? Comment below!