Friday July 28, 2017View our Editorial Policy
The day has come and the special brownie has died. Alright, not really because everyone still loves brownies but hey, it’s time we shake loose from the norm and mix things up. Let’s keep it fresh with some cannabis-infused dessert recipes that are “anything but brownies.” This list of recipes will come in handy when you get bored with the classic special brownie and want to try a new and exciting edibles experience.
If you consume edibles often, especially to medicate, you need to change up your typical routine at least once in a while. So give these recipes a chance, we think you might enjoy them! As always, the following recipes are simply ideas, not laws. Please be creative and let us know any tweaks or additions you make!
Agatha’s Strawberry Canna-Banana Bread
We are not sure if Great Grandma Agatha consumed edibles but we know for a fact she would have loved this twist on her recipe. Here we have a classic banana bread recipe flipped into a custom infused strawberry-banana bread that is sure to impress anyone who cares to indulge.
Breads are easy to make and are the perfect option for medicating with breakfast.
What You’ll Need:
1 Cup Mashed Bananas
1 Cup Diced Strawberries
1 Cup Sugar
2 Cups Flour
½ Cup CannaButter/Oil
¼ Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- Start by preheating your oven to 350°F
- Next, mash bananas in a large mixing bowl
- Add the sugar, (softened) canna butter, eggs, salt, vanilla and baking soda to mashed bananas
- Once the bread mixture has been evenly mixed, add the flour into the mixture and mix once again thoroughly
- Stir in the diced strawberries and mix softly once more
- Prepare your bread pan with a light coat of grease
- Once your bread pan is greased, pour in mixture to bread pan evenly
- Cook at 350°F for about 1¼ hours
- Once bread is cooked through, remove from oven and let rest for about 2 hours before enjoying
Canna-mel Apple Dip
If you haven’t tried caramel apple dip with fruit or pretzels before, you’re missing out. This sweet dip is very simple and can be whipped up in minutes. Bring this dish over to the next dinner party you’re invited to and add some extra pep to the event. But don’t forget a copy of the recipe – others are guaranteed to ask how you made it.
If you decide to try this recipe, be mindful that it is infused. Even though you’ll want to eat more and more, be careful not to eat too much so that you avoid becoming too high or having a negative experience.
What You’ll Need:
Two 8oz pkgs Cream Cheese, softened
¼ Cup Powdered Sugar
16oz Caramel Apple Dip
1 Cup Crushed Graham Crackers
½ Cup Infused Canna-Honey
Large Granny Smith Apples
- Mix cream cheese and powdered sugar together in large mixing bowl until light and fluffy
- Spread the mixture evenly onto a flat serving platter, or plate, and place in the fridge to cool (this will be your first layer)
- While the first layer is cooling, warm the caramel on the stove in a small stock pot over the lowest heat possible – Be careful not to burn your caramel at this stage
- Once caramel is warmed, mix in canna-honey
- Remove the cooled first layer from the fridge and pour the caramel and canna-honey mixture evenly over cream cheese layer
- Crush graham crackers into tiny piece and evenly sprinkle over entire mixture
- Place entire platter back into the fridge to cool once more
- Serve with big slices of granny smith apples and pretzels – or anything else you can think of (try green grapes and strawberries with this recipe too!)
Vegan Raspberry ‘Weed’cake Bites
Here at PotGuide, we are considerate of everyone’s personal preferences and dietary restrictions toward food. Because of this, we wanted to include an infused treat idea for our vegan friends.
If you don’t already know, vegans do not consume dairy products. The staples of this “cheesecake” recipe are the soaked cashews used to create a purée that acts as the cheesecake filling. Nuts are present in many vegan recipes and the cashew, pecan combination of this recipe is a knockout.
Even if you’re non-vegan, give this recipe a try. We think you might like it!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 Cup Pecans
- ½ Cup Shredded Coconut
- ¼ Teaspoon Sea Salt
- ¼ Cup Almond Milk
- 1 Cup Raw Cashews (soaked in water for no less than 3 hours)
- 1 Cup Frozen Rasperries
- ¼ Cup Canna-Coconut Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon juice
- In a food processor, pulse pecans, shredded coconut and salt together
- Once mixture is evenly processed, slowly begin adding almond milk – you may not need to use the full ¼ C almond milk depending on consistency
- The ideal consistency for the crust mixture is soft and sticky, similar to a cookie dough
- Once complete, evenly distribute the crust mixture into each of the muffin pan cavities, about 1 teaspoon each
- Press down on the crust mixture to form it to the bottom of the muffin mold
- Once the crust mixture is pressed evenly into the muffin mold, lightly press your index finger into the middle of the crust to form a small “cup” within the crust
- Place muffin pan and crust mixture into the fridge and begin preparing your filling
- In a blender, blend together the soaked raw cashews, canna-coconut oil, and lemon juice
- Once mixture is thoroughly incorporated, add frozen raspberries and blend once more
- Remove mini muffin pan with crust from the fridge
- Spread your raspberry and cashew “cheese” mixture over the crust in each of the mini muffin pan cavities, completely covering the crust
- After you have evenly distributed the filling across the entire pan, cover, and place the pan into the freezer overnight
- Once frozen, remove each ‘weed’cake bite about 20 minutes prior to eating to allow a slight thaw
There you have it, three of our favorite cannabis-infused recipes. We hope you like them as much as we do. So, what are you waiting for? Hop into your kitchen and get started on some fresh cannabis-infused treats!
Did you try our recipes? We’d love to hear your thoughts and comments!